We are pleased to announce the release of our new reporting solution for TrueSight Network Automation. TrueSight Network Automation Reporting replaces BMC Decision Support for Network Automation.
This solution uses the following:
- TrueSight Network Automation - Data Warehouse — A Network Automation component that works as the ETL engine and the data warehouse. This product also provides out-of-the-box reporting content.
- TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform — A reporting platform that enables you to administer, create, and publish reports seamlessly. The simple drag-and-drop UI allows you to create complex reports while providing an enhanced, user-friendly look to your reports for easy consumption.
Here is the overview of the features delivered with the 19.11 release:
This version of Network Automation Reporting offers the following out-of-the-box reports. You can use these reports as is or customize them as you see fit.
- Action Activity
- Change Tracking
- Configuration Drift
- Source of Change
FIGURE 1: EXAMPLE OF THE DEVICE COMPLIANCE SUMMARY REPORT
If you do not want to use out-of-the-box reports or would like to add additional columns, you can create custom reports. You can compare and analyse reports by using filters, summaries, and calculations, and change the appearance of the reports.
By default, Network Automation Reporting stores a set of attributes for the devices and rules that are available in Network Automation. However, you can store additional attributes for these devices and rules in custom fields by using the dynamic fields feature of Network Automation. You can add any number of custom fields, and then use them to filter report content or display them as content in reports.
Network Automation Reporting enables you to:
- Export reports in the following formats: CSV, DOC, PDF, RTF, Text, XLS. You can also print your reports.
- Share reports with others on an ad-hoc basis. You can send a report through email or embed a report into an HTML, Wiki, or a blog page.
- Broadcast reports. You can send a report to one or more users based on a defined schedule and set of rules.
- Schedule reports and share them through FTP. You can select the format for the report and schedule it to be sent to an FTP location.
- Import and export your report models and views. You can migrate your content between multiple instances, for example, from the QA to the Production instance.
Viewing the ETL status
Network Automation Reporting provides a built-in, Java-based engine to extract, transform, and load (ETL) data from the Network Automation operational database to the warehouse database.
A user-friendly console in Network Automation Reporting enables you to view summary of all ETL runs on a single page and easily drill-down to see the status of an individual ETL run.
Supported Version of TrueSight Network Automation
Version 19.11 of TrueSight Network Automation Reporting is supported with version 8.9.04.003 of TrueSight Network Automation.
Remember to upgrade TrueSight Network Automation to 8.9.04.003 to use new reporting solution.
Supported Version of TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform
Version 19.11 of TrueSight Network Automation Reporting is supported with version 19.3 of TrueSight Smart Reporting - Platform.
Support & Documentation
As BMC Decision Support for Network Automation (BDSNA) is going to be end of life in February 2020, we encourage customers to plan their migration to the new solution without delay.
BMC is fully committed to support you for any challenges which you face during this migration.
For more detail, please refer to the documentation available at the following URL: