BMC Application Diagnostics 2.1 was released back in June 2013. Many new features and enhancements were released in this new version.
- Dashlets for the BMC Application Performance Management Console
- Enhancements to the BMC Application Diagnostics Agent for .NET
- Additional upgrade utilities
- Configurable tier appearances
- Comparable traces
Downloading the files
The product files that you download from the BMC Software Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) website might contain some or all of the patches listed on a product’s Customer Support web page. If the EPD page shows that a patch is included in a file you downloaded, you do not need to obtain that patch separately.
- Under the root directory of the computer on which are installing the product, create a temporary directory in which to place the downloaded files.
- Go to the Electronic Product Distribution (EPD).
- At the logon prompt, enter your user ID and password, and click Submit.
- On the Export Compliance and Access Terms page, provide the required information, accept the Export Compliance Statement and Product Access Terms details, and then click Continue.
- If you are accessing this site for the first time, create an EPD profile to specify the languages and platforms that you want to see, per the EPD site help; otherwise, skip to step 6.
- Verify that the correct profile is displayed for your download purpose, and select the Licensed Products tab.
- Expand one of the suites in which BMC Application Diagnostics is included:
BMC Application Management Suite
BMC ProactiveNet Performance Management Suite
- Drill down to the appropriate version, platform, and language for BMC Application Diagnostics and expand the product you want to install.
A list of downloadable files for your product is displayed.
- Select the check boxes next to the files and documents that you want to download.
- Click Download (FTP) or Download Manager:
Download (FTP) places the selected items in an FTP directory, and the credentials and FTP instructions are sent to you in an email message.
Download Manager enables you to download multiple files consecutively and to resume an interrupted download if the connection drops. This method requires a one-time installation of the Akamai NetSession client program on the target computer and is usually the faster and more reliable method to transfer files. A checksum operation is used to verify file integrity automatically.
- Download the files to the temporary directory you created in step 1 of this procedure.
- If necessary, extract files.