BMC announces its brand-new version of KM to monitor the Oracle Enterprise Database in most simplified and user-friendly way.
While monitoring your Oracle Databases, are you worried about:
- providing sys credentials user,
- the foot prints left by monitoring tool,
- the oracle objects created by monitoring tool,
- restricting the privileges for monitoring user,
- and the complexity of configuration?
We have heard your concerns and are ready with the solution: “BMC PATROL for Oracle Enterprise Database”.
Here are the great features implemented in the first release of PATROL for Oracle Enterprise Database.
- Certify Connection using Oracle JDBC connector.
- Basic configuration details
- Minimal required permissions for the DB monitoring user
- Positive and Negative enriched messaging, possible corrective actions
- OOTB default configuration settings
- Single monitoring user for Data Guard environments.
- OS user is no longer required for monitoring
- No longer Creating Oracle objects in monitor user schema
- SQL Custom Queries for application oriented usage
- High level view for Data Guard
You can find more details about this new KM at https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/OE10
Here are some short how to videos we have created around this KM:
- Configure monitoring for Oracle Data Guard Database
- Configure monitoring Using custom SQL queries
- Configure monitoring for Oracle Standalone Database
If you get any issues while installing, configuring or using this new KM, feel free to open a support case with BMC (link), we would be glad to assist you.