BMC announces its brand-new version of KM to monitor the Oracle Enterprise Database in most simplified and user-friendly way.
While monitoring your Oracle Databases, are you worried about:
- providing sys credentials user,
- the foot prints left by monitoring tool,
- the oracle objects created by monitoring tool,
- restricting the privileges for monitoring user,
- and the complexity of configuration?
We have heard your concerns and are ready with the solution: “BMC PATROL for Oracle Enterprise Database”.
Here are the great features implemented in the first release of PATROL for Oracle Enterprise Database.
- Certify Connection using Oracle JDBC connector.
- Basic configuration details
- Minimal required permissions for the DB monitoring user
- Positive and Negative enriched messaging, possible corrective actions
- OOTB default configuration settings
- Single monitoring user for Data Guard environments.
- OS user is no longer required for monitoring
- No longer Creating Oracle objects in monitor user schema
- SQL Custom Queries for application oriented usage
- High level view for Data Guard
You can find more details about this new KM at https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/OE10
Here are some short how to videos we have created around this KM:
- Configure monitoring for Oracle Data Guard Database
- Configure monitoring Using custom SQL queries
- Configure monitoring for Oracle Standalone Database
If you get any issues while installing, configuring or using this new KM, feel free to open a support case with BMC (link), we would be glad to assist you.
And here is an Article and video that covers how to collect Oracle KM debug, if you need to work with BMC Support.