It takes me immense pleasure to announce the general availability of CLM 4.6.06!
Here are some highlights of the release:
1. Azure integration enhancement
We have enriched the integration with Azure by adding below support:
- Using a single blueprint, users can provision same image (installable resource for CLM) across any geographical location.
- To provide more option for redundancy, in a single blueprint, option can be set to deploy a set of machine in one Availability Set while another set of machine in another Availability set.
- For storage, Azure's Managed Disk is now supported. Deployment from managed images is supported.
- Option to choose different replication types (Standard & Premium) for data and OS disks is now supported.
- Option to provision resources into a user defined Resource Group has been made easier.
- Organizations can now set their own default naming conventions (name advisor) for any new Azure resources that is provisioned.
- Support for internal (private facing) Load Balancers has been added.
- Existing SOIs can be onboarded into CLM. Compliance can be set against to-be-deployed resources and can be triggered against already deployed instances through CLM.
2. Cisco ACI support
User can provision service with Cisco ACI enabled POD/Network Container and perform Day 1 and Day 2 actions
3. Network path support on POD level network
4. Hype-V Onboarding
Admins now can onboard existing Hyper-V instance into CLM. Below support has been added
- Single Tier VM Onboard using Quickstart & API
- Multi-Tier VMs Onboard using API
- Day 2 actions on onboarded VM
5. Custom Day 2 support
In End user Portal, admins can now create UI (custom panel) for custom day 2 actions.
- Following custom panels can be created:
- Day-2 Actions
- Advance TRO Actions.
- Custom Server Operator actions
- Data-sources can be attached to Custom fields to provide run-time data
- A toolkit is provided to make creation of custom panel for Day 1 and Day 2 simpler. Feature includes:
- Support for creating custom Panels for Day 1, Day 2 & Day 2 (Advanced TRO) actions.
- Support for associating data sources to custom fields
- Support for deleting custom panels created using Toolkit
For more details, please refer: https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/clm46/4.6.06+enhancements
Note: CLM 4.6.06 onwards, BMC Compact Rapid Deployment Stack and Small Rapid Deployment Stack is discontinued and no longer supported.