Client management 12.1 is now generally available to all customers on support. The downloads are available on the BMC EPD (Electronic products download), and very soon on the old Numara support site.
What's new in 12.1?
For one, we have moved our docs to a wiki, which means the what's new page details can be found here. But here are some highlights.
- Distributed OSD - Setup one OSD manager, then use image repositories and boot agents around the world to deploy images.
- UEFI - Full support for all boot types (Bios, UEFI or mixed), even with secure boot enabled OSD just works.
- OSD via USB stick - Because sometimes it's just easier to re-image a device on the fly.
- Other OSD enhancements (Delta transfers, driver optimization, etc).
- Secure reboot controls - Be sure your critical devices will not reboot at the wrong time.
- New branding and colors for the console
- SLM enhancements for selecting software titles by version
- And many more....
Do I need to worry about anything with this upgrade?
If you are not using OSD, there should be no impact on upgrade and you should be able to just apply the in place upgrade, agents will auto update, new rules and objects will just show up in the console, and the console will auto update also.
If you are using OSD, you may want to think about moving to our recommended best practice of a single OSD manager, you can still use multiple if you want, it's just easier to use a single one with image repositories under it. Also we're moving to the new ADK for OSD, this can be done before or after the update, but it will be required on your OSD manager, more details are here.