Have you been postponing an upgrade to the latest version of BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization because of time, learning curve concerns or risk issues? (note the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization and TrueSight Performance Assurance names reflect a recent product re-branding)
Worry no more!! The BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Assisting MIGration Operations (AMIGO) program is designed specifically to help you upgrade quickly, easily and safely. Please read on!!
The BMC Assisted MIGration Operation is a program designed to assist customers with the planning of product upgrades to a newer version – “Success through proper planning”. Our focus is to help direct and guide customers in the best path for success to reach their goal. We help by identifying pitfalls early during the planning stage and prior to the actual upgrade, install, or migration occurs. This is accomplished by providing documentation, previous knowledge and experience, and published best practices. This program is offered to BMC customers currently subscribed to BMC Customer Support.
BMC will provide collateral containing upgrade best practices compiled by experts in BMC Support and R&D. You can leverage this information to create your upgrade plan. Upgrade experts in BMC Customer Support will review your plan and offer advice to help ensure your success.
The attachments found within contain the following:
- AMIGO_BCO_Datasheet.pdf- A two page summary describing the benefits of BMCs AMIGO program.
- AMIGO_BCO - External.pdf - A presentation which provides an overview of the AMIGO concept, workflow, and its benefits.
This information will help you “jump start” your upgrade planning.
The BMC AMIGO program includes:
» A “Question and Answer” session before you upgrade
» A review of your upgrade plan with Customer Support
» An upgrade checklist
» Helpful tips and tricks for upgrade success from previous customer upgrades
» A follow-up session with Customer Support to let them know how it went. This will help BMC to enhance the process.
To get started, review the BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Upgrade Checklist (see 3.c below) and then open a BMC Support issue containing your environment information (product, version, OS, etc.) and the planned date of the installation, if known.
We will then contact you promptly, and work with you to ensure a successful and timely outcome.
AMIGO Starter Phase
1. Create the starter issue. The issue summary should contain "AMIGO Starter" to identify this as an AMIGO starter issue. Include the following in the details of the issue:
a. Where you are in the upgrade process (Analysis, Planning, Testing, etc.)
b. Current patch/Service Pack version along with customization and integration information
c . Planned Time frame
d. If possible, review and respond to the "Request for Information (RFI) for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization AMIGO" document to provide BMC Customer Support with a more detailed environment overview: https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=000011561
2. BMC Customer Support will provide AMIGO collateral (this article) and work with you to answer any preliminary questions regarding the upgrade process.
3. Review the following items to establish an overview of the BMC Capacity Optimization upgrade.
a. BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization 9.5 Product Documentation - https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/bcmco95/Upgrading
b. BMC TrueSight Performance Assurance 9.5 Product Documentation - https://docs.bmc.com/docs/display/public/bcmco95/Upgrading+BMC+Performance+Assurance
c. BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization Upgrade Checklist:https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=000011565
4. Once reviewed a call can be scheduled to answer any questions on the upgrade collateral.
NOTE: We recommend that you review all product documentation in detail, a consolidated list can be found here: https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=000031706
5. After having been provided the collateral and any remaining questions have been addressed, the AMIGO Starter issue will be closed.
a. Open additional (non-AMIGO) issues for any questions or concerns you may have regarding upgrade.
b. You will then prepare and document your upgrade plan.
AMIGO Review Phase
1. Create the review Issue. The Issue summary should contain "AMIGO Review" to identify this as an AMIGO review Issue. Provide the BMC Customer Support team with the following in the Issue:
a. Planned Upgrade Date
b. Documented Upgrade Plan
c. Any questions regarding the upgrade plan
2. BMC Technical Support will review the upgrade plan.
3.Once the upgrade plan is reviewed, a call will be scheduled by BMC Customer Support to discuss any feedback and to answer questions.
4. After all feedback has been discussed and questions have been addressed, the AMIGO Review issue will be closed. Open additional (non-AMIGO) issues for any questions or concerns you may have regarding upgrade.
NOTE: To enable time for a complete review of your upgrade plan, please provide all related details to BMC Customer Support at least two weeks prior to the planned upgrade date.
This link will provide specific details for the AMIGO program for BMC TrueSight Capacity Optimization and requires a BMC Support Central login;https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=000011562
The AMIGO program is also offered for other BMC products and the link below will provide additional information on how to obtain information specific to these products. https://bmcsites.force.com/casemgmt/sc_KnowledgeArticle?sfdcid=000011566
Please be aware - the AMIGO Program provides help planning your upgrade. It does not provide expedited resolution for technical issues encountered during the upgrade process, nor is it a substitute for a Professional Services engagement. If you desire assistance with the execution of your upgrade plan, please contact your BMC Account Manager for help engaging BMC Professional Services.
- thanks for reading,
Got a topic of interest, or want to provide feedback on this month's article? Post it here.
Miss a Pulse? Just follow this link --> BMC TrueSight Support Blogs