March usually brings warmer temperatures, more coworkers starting to talk about brackets, and everyone complaining about the time change. However, from where I sit, Mother Nature seems to not want to let Winter slip by just yet! Here in the Dallas area, we're still overcast, a bit rainy, and just when I think we're going to have sun and better running days, the rain and cold return. Yes...I know I should run in all the seasons, but at my age, there are times my body just wants an easy run vs. running and fighting the elements. There's always time for that another day.
Speaking of time, it's time for the March 2019 Tech Update!
Requirements for the Salesforce Mobile App (formally known as Salesforce1) - Apple iOS Requirements
The Salesforce for iOS mobile app will require iOS 12.0 or higher in v220.0 which is planned to be released alongside Salesforce Summer 19. We'll insure to test Remedyforce and make sure there's no impact to us.
See Page 5 for details.
Requirements for the Salesforce Mobile App (formally known as Salesforce1) - Android OS Requirements
The Salesforce App for Android is retiring support for Android 5.0 with the Salesforce Summer 19 release. You will be required to use Android v220.0 or higher. We'll insure to test Remedyforce and make sure there's no impact to us.
See Page 6 for details.
- NA8 & NA55: March 17, 2019, 03:00 - 06:00 UTC
- NA34: March 17, 2019, 07:00 - 10:00 UTC
- NA29, NA38, NA48: April 7, 2019, 02:00 - 06:00 UTC
See Page 9 for details.
March 17, 2019
- N8 --> NA104 or NA105
- NA34 --> NA129 or NA130
- NA55 --> NA102 or NA103
April 7, 2019
- NA29 --> NA97 or NA101
- NA38 --> NA98 or NA100
- NA48 --> NA131 or NA132
See Page 10 for details.
Sandbox Ready Site Migrations
CS82 and CS83: March 29, 2019
See Page 13 for details.
- Process Visualizer will be retired Salesforce Summer 19. You will not be able to view a visual representation of approval processes using the Process Visualizer; however, your data and approval processes will not be impacted, nor will the approval process information in the Approval Processes pages in Setup. See page 24 for details.
- Support for Internet Explorer v9 and v10 will retire on April 5, 2019. You can continue to access Salesforce Classic using IE9 and IE10, however, Salesforce (nor Remedyforce) will not provide support for any issues you may encounter using these browsers. See page 27 for details.