First and foremost: For all of you who are affected by Hurricane Harvey and those who are currently being impacted by Hurricane Irma please know that we are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers. Please take care of your families and if there is anything we can do to help in the meantime, please reach out.
Now...on to the Salesforce September 2017 Tech Update.
Get Ready for Salesforce Winter '18
This past weekend Salesforce rolled out Salesforce Winter '18 to a number of Sandboxes. We have also been utilizing pre-release orgs to ensure there will be no impact once Salesforce pushes their updated platform to production orgs.
All the details can be found on Pages 5 for details.
Upgrading Instances to TLS 1.1+
Salesforce continues to upgrade isntances to TLS 1.1+. The next instances to be updated will be on Saturday September 23, 2017 and will be to the following instances:
EU1, EU4, EU5, EU6, EU7, EU9, EU11,
NA40, NA51, NA52,
CS3, CS7, CS9, CS10, CS11, CS12, CS52, CS53, CS54, CS59, CS70, CS71, CS82, CS83, CS84, CS85, CS88, and CS89
See Page 6 & Page 17 - 19 for details.
Default Certificate Retirement Impacts SAML SSO
If your organization uses Service Provider (SP)-Initiated SAML login to Salesforce and your Identity Provider validates signatures in SAML requests, then you may be impacted.
See Page 7 for details and note the Retirement of Default Certificate affects SAML Single Sign On into Salesforce article.
To prepare for an organization's continued growth and to keep system performance at expected levels, we occasionally perform an instance refresh that upgrades the infrastructure supporting
your instance in our data centers. Following this type of maintenance, you will be on new infrastructure and your instance name will change.
● NA2, NA18, NA22, NA23 - Sunday, September 17, 2017, 12:00 a.m.–2:00 a.m. US Pacific Time
● AP2 - Sunday, September 17, 2017 from 12:00 a.m.-2:45 a.m. JST (Saturday, September 16, 2017 from 8:00 a.m.-10:45 p.m. US Pacific Time)
● NA28 - Saturday, October 21, 2017 between 7:00 p.m.–11:00 p.m. US Pacific Time
● EU2, EU3 - Sunday, December 3, 2017 between 03:00–07:00 UTC (Saturday, December 2, 2017 between 7:00 p.m.–11:00 p.m. US Pacific Time)
● EU5 - Saturday, December 2, 2017 between 22:00–02:00 UTC (Saturday, December 2, 2017 between 2:00 p.m.–6:00 p.m. US Pacific Time)
See Pages 9 - 10 & Pages 21 - 24 for details.
Continuous Site Switching
Program was introduced and kicked off in August 2017. The goal is to reduce time to site switch through iteration and improved operational processes and meeting customers' internal compliance requirements.
- Sept 2: NA38, CS60, CS61
- Sept 16: NA33, NA39, NA44, NA45, CS3, CS12, CS52, CS59
- Sept 17: NA34, NA99, CS98, CS99
- Oct 21: NA32, CS13, CS30, CS50, CS51
- Nov 18: CS9, CS10, CS11, CS70, CS71
- Nov 19: NA40, NA51, NA52
- Dec 2: NA54, NA55, CS7, CS53, CS54
- Dec 3: NA47, NA63
See Page 11 for details.
● End of Support for Good Access browser running S1 mobile browser app (see Page 29)
● Pardot Chat Support will retire on October 20, 2017 (see Page 30)
● W2C/W2L & Salesforce.com Endpoints to retire Nov 17, 2017 (see Page 31)
● Salesforce Classic Mobile App to Retire on December 1, 2017 (see Page 32)
● Legacy Charts in Salesforce1 to Retire with Spring ‘18 (see Page 33)
● SOAP API Legacy Versions will retire in Summer ‘18 (see Page 34)
● Access and Support for Lightning Experience with Internet Explorer version 11 extended to December 2020 (see Page 35)
Salesforce Release Maintenance Calendar
See Page 15 and Page 26 for details.