Ahhh, the joys of Summer- ice cream, chasing fireflies, summer picnics and warm nights. Now BMC is adding to that list with the Remedyforce Summer’16 Release! It’s sure to bring fireworks to your summer. This release is focused on helping our customers Simplify, Automate & Elevate their Service Management. BMC has added many substantial features so you can deliver better service to your internal and external customers. Plus, every release includes many enhancements requested by you, our customers.
New! Automated Agentless Discovery- Remedyforce provides a complete view of the environment enabling proactive device management that reduces support call times and increases first call resolution rates.
- Customers have the option to quickly discover devices in their environment for no extra charge.
- Administrator can easily enable, configure and collect device data to populate their Remedyforce CMDB.
- Automatically delivers a wealth of device details including: Device type, Key identifiers (serial number), OS.
New! Client Management Options- Now, Your IT Service Desk can deliver more advanced initiatives like security, service level and risk management. These two new options will help reduce support calls, call times and increase 1st call resolution rates.
- Both Premium and Premium Plus allow Remedyforce Staff users to perform actions on client devices like reboot, view/update registry, install patches, run scripts, and grant/revoke software licenses. Agents do not need to leave Remedyforce or log into separate tools to perform these actions.
- Premium includes capabilities like remote and compliance management. Customers can upgrade to Premium Plus with patch and deployment management as their needs mature.
New! Service Health- Remedyforce’s mission is to enable IT to deliver high-speed digital services fast and effectively. The new Service Health capabilities enable IT to transparently share outage information with business users. Business users are better informed of current availability of business services and planned maintenance in the future.
- Self Service now includes a new Service Health tab that shows:
- Current status of all services and future planned outages.
- Business users can subscribe to email notifications and view history of recent outages of business services.
- Admins and Staff can create Service Outage to announce outages to end-users and post regular updates on recovery actions until the service becomes available.
New! Salesforce 1 Mobile- New enhancements to Remedyforce mobile using Salesforce 1 provides a seamless experience for customers that have standardized on the Salesforce 1 mobile platform and provides a consistent self-service mobile access across all of their apps. Service Desk Managers now have greater ability to manage incidents and service requests while on-the-go from their mobile device. They also have the ability to view and manage CIs/Assets.
Enhancements for Service Desk Managers
- New modern UI using Salesforce lightening.
- Enhanced Incident Management
- Knowledge Search, View Action History, Email, Create, Link Task, view and manage CIs/Assets
Enhancements for end-user self service
- Improved service request capabilities
- Superbox searches automatically find the right knowledge article, template, or Service Request as the business user types a question
- Ability to create and edit Service Requests, close/copy/reopen Service Request and other common actions.
New! Queue and staff assignment automation- Now you can set up assignment rules to automatically assign tickets to support teams and agents. Since tickets are automatically assigned almost real-time, service desk managers are better able to meet service level agreements and
improve customer satisfaction. Support agents do not have to monitor queues for tickets, allowing them to focus on customer service.
Customer Enhancements- What would Remedyforce be without our customers? We’ve added many customer-requested enhancements. Thank you to our customers for your involvement in making Remedyforce the premier cloud-based IT service management.
We have some great resources to familiarize you with these new features: