Welcome To the December Issue of the Remedyforce Customer Newsletter
Each quarter the Remedyforce Customer Newsletter provides articles and resources to help you get the most out of your Remedyforce investment. We'll keep it short and sweet because we know you're busy, but we're excited to let you know what's going on in our world as we evolve Remedyforce to meet your ongoing needs. So here's to your success!
The Remedyforce Summer'14 EAP is available to all customers and brings exciting new features that improve user experience and your productivity including:
- Extended configuration options for the Remedyforce centralized console introduced in Winter ‘14
- Ability to embed self-service components within a customer’s existing portal solution, such as SharePoint.
- Self-Service Chat *IN BETA* enabling end users to interact with IT through a chat window and enabling IT to create an incident straight from the chat session
- Collision detection and impact analysis improving visibility and improving the execution of changes in your IT estate
- New mobile solutions based on Salesforce1 mobile technology
- Auto assignment of package license of Remedyforce improves seat license management
The Remedyforce team is excited to announce that our Winter ’15 release is coming soon and with this release we are delivering on a number of customer requests:
- Enhanced Mobility and Self Service through extended use of Salesforce1 and Remedyforce Chat enhancements.
- New Dashboard capabilities for Configuration Management and staff productivity improvements for the Remedyforce Console.
- Configuration Migration capabilities to ease the process of moving Remedyforce configurations between Orgs.
- Outbound web service call features for Automation of Incident Resolution and Task Fulfillment processes.
- And tons of other great Customer Ideas.
Customer Spotlight! Mitchell International
ANNOUNCING: New Remedyforce Labs on the AppExchange
We are excited to announce our new Remedyforce Labs apps on the Salesforce.com AppExchange. These Lab apps are available for download at no additional cost and leverage the Visual Workflow capabilities of the Force.com platform. They are pre-packaged flows that are customizable by our customers and handle different cross object scenarios like:
- Creating a Salesforce Event from a Remedyforce Task
- Raising an Incident from a Case
- Mapping Services to Categories to Automate the Population of an Incident
- Link CI’s to a Service Request for OffBoarding of Employees
Check out these great new Lab apps and stay tuned for more to come.
ANNOUNCING: New Transition to the Console Kit
Our Customer Success team has been actively working on various enablement kits to help customers further the value they derive from Remedyforce. These kits will help enable our customers with the implementation of new features and capabilities within Remedyforce. Currently we have the Transition to the Remedyforce Console enablement kit that walks customers through the process of migrating from the legacy Remedyforce Home/Dashboard user interface to the new Remedyforce Console. If you are interested in a session or want more information please contact your CSM or contact Remedyforce Success.
Get to know the Remedyforce team – meet Seema Joshi, Lead Product Manager
As a Remedyforce Product Manager, Seema Joshi works closely with customers and cross-functional teams at BMC to understand customer needs and help build innovative solutions. In the 5 years that Seema has been with BMC, she has spent the last couple of years helping Remedyforce customers derive more value from the product. Prior to that she managed products in BMC’s IT Operations and Monitoring portfolio, and was involved in conceptualizing and driving focused programs like Customer Advisory Board, Customer Outreach programs, etc. for the product line. In her job as a Product Manager, her favorite props include lots of post-its (to help closely listen to customers), a set of lenses (to understand both immediate needs and long term strategy), and glue (to effectively communicate through the value chain to help deliver stellar products).
An engineering graduate with ITIL certification, she is also a Pragmatic Marketing and Institute of Product Leadership certified Product Manager. A Product Management enthusiast, Seema is a founding member of India Product Management Association (IPMA) - Pune Chapter, a Saarthi (impassionate volunteer) at iSPIRT (India Software Product Industry Round Table) and featured Product Management blogger at ProductNation; and likes volunteering to “pay it forward” in her spare time. She also conducts mentoring workshops on product strategy and product success subjects with TiE - Pune (The Indus Entrepreneurs - a global nonprofit dedicated to fostering entrepreneurship).
Outside of the product world, Seema lives in Pune and loves spending time with family and friends; writing poetry; being in the outdoors; and travelling. Having started as a young student traveler for sports, she considers herself lucky to continue to do so—it’s something that keeps the learner in her going to discover and learn new things.