The highly anticipated Smart IT 2.0 is now available for Remedy as a Service (RaaS) customers. Some of the new Smart IT 2.0 capabilities available to administrators include the ability to:
- Change the layout of the Incident and Change forms, placing custom fields wherever they are needed, moving existing fields, and hiding any out-of-box fields which are not required.
- Dynamically control the key properties of fields (hidden/visible; read-write/read-only; mandatory/optional), and set data to fields, using logical expressions which execute in real-time as the user works on a record (even on mobile!).
- Add custom fields to the ticket console, and filter records using them.
- Take advantage of a significantly enhanced "provider action" capability, enabling server-side workflow actions to run in the Smart IT client, and creating icons alongside fields on the form to run them.
A couple capabilities (primarily related to Cognitive Service Management and the Remedy Deployment Application (D2P)) require Remedy to be upgraded to 9.1.04. Otherwise, Remedy 9.1.00 is the minimum supported version for Smart IT 2.0. Smart IT 2.0 is coupled with Digital Workplace (DWP) 18.02 during installation. Digital Workplace 18.02 replaces the previous 3.5 version.
- For the general information, release notes and notices on Smart IT 2.0, please go to Remedy with Smart IT 2.0
- For the general information, release notes and notices on Digital Workplace 18.02, please go to BMC Digital Workplace Basic 18.02
For good reason, there is lots of buzz around the enhanced capabilities of Smart IT 2.0 and Digital Workplace’s continued focus on improving the end user experience, as well as its Integration Services. There are many resources available to you on communities.bmc.com and docs.bmc.com (including the opportunity for you to post your own questions). Please see below for a consolidated list of just a few of the Smart IT 2.0/Digital Workplace 18.02 blogs/resources available to you right now:
- For information to consider before upgrading to Digital Workplace 18.02 and Smart IT 2.0, go to: Upgrading BMC Digital Workplace and Smart IT
- For a general blog on Smart IT 2.0, refer to: Smart IT 2.0 - Now Generally Available
- For a blog on customizing the look and feel of Smart IT 2.0, refer to: Customize look and feel of Smart IT 2.0
- For a blog specific to the new provider action capabilities of Smart IT 2.0, refer to: Getting into the provider actions in Smart IT 2.0
- For a webinar on Configuring and Customizing Smart IT, refer to: Connect with Remedy: Smart IT 2.0: Configurability and Customization Webinar
- For a blog on what is new in Digital Workplace 18.02, refer to: What's new on BMC Digital Workplace 18.02?
To get more information on upgrading to Smart IT 2.0/Digital Workplace 18.02 or how to use our BMC Communities and Docs pages, please reach out to your Business Relationship Manager.