Some of the common questions and answers regarding Remedy9 Full Text Search!
1. What's New in Remedy9 As far as Full Text Search feature is concerned?
• Implemented FTS HA Model (Similar v7604 SP5 & v8.1 SP2)
• Apache Lucene version upgrade from 2.9 to 4.9
• Apache Tika version upgrade 1.2 to 1.6
• We broke down Monolithic FTS index file into schema specific files (a.k.a. Schema based index) using Lucene 4.9
• Developed FTS Index Migration Utility, Which will migrate Old Monolithic Indexes into Schema based Indexes & convert into Lucene 4.9 format too
•Incorporate FTS Index Migration Utility into AR Installer
2. What is Schema Specific Files (a.k.a. schema Based index) ?
E.g. All incidents, Problems, Change, KA related indexes gets stored into this one single Index file.
If HPD:HelpDesk Schema has schemaId = 558 then All incidents related Indexes will get stored into one folder e.g. 558/
similarly for rest of the AR forms, data will get stored.
Earlier Monolithic Indexes:
Schema Based Index:
3. What's a need of FTS Index Migration Utility?
4. Where does FTS index Migration Utility gets deployed?
5. Is FTS index Migration Utility will kicked off automatically While Upgrading AR Server to 9.0?
6. Where does FTS Index Migration utility logs gets stored?
7. Can I skip the FTS Index Migration utility Execution?
8. Is there any Way to Skip The FTS Index Migration Utility Execution?
9. What is the Silent install parameter in order to SKIP FTS Index Migration process during AR Upgrade via Silent installation mode?
-J BMC_AR_SKIP_FTS_INDEX_MIGRATION= true
(Value to this parameter is case insensitive)
10. If utility fails will it cause AR Server Upgrade failure ?
11. Shared load among indexer servers. How does one configure that?
From FTS Config Plugin UI, One can configure Server A & Server B as Indexer, and Server C & Server D as Searcher.
12. FTS Index Migration Utility execution Failures: Possible Reasons?
Example: Before upgrade if /collection dir is of 2 GB then, then while AR upgrade there must be 4 GB of free space available in the /collection folder, at the end of the migration process, /collection folder will become ~1.2 GB
13. Can I execute FTS index Migration Utility Manually later some time?
14. Which Version of Luke can I use in order to debug Lucene 4.9 Index?
15. AR FTS Index Migration Utility - Usage?
16. How much time required to migrate Old indexes into newer format using FTS Index Migration Utility?
Attachments 200K, AR Form w/o Attachments 300K
17. Global Re-indexing is required after I move my entire stack to Remedy 9?
No, Not required.
18. How can I Re-index particular schema if, indexes got corrupted and wanted to create indexes for that schema?