With the release of version 8.0, documentation is available at the BMC online documentation portal. Gone are the days of jumping from PDF to PDF and cross-references pointing to entire guides. Now your documentation is consolidated in a space for the entire BMC Atrium Core platform, with easy access to other important documentation spaces such as BMC Remedy Action Request System and BMC Service Request Management.
5 fun facts about our new online documentation
- We have organized a What's New page to describe the enhancements that have been made in BMC Atrium Core 8.0, with links to more information in the documentation. For example, you can see the important enhancements that make to the installation process easier here.
- You can easily search for content. Use the search box on the left to search within the documentation space. From the results, you can change the filters to narrow or expand your results. For example, find only content updated in the last month. Expand your results to all your favorite documentation spaces.
- We have organized an end-to-end process for implementing BMC Atrium Core, taking you from the steps needed to plan your CMDB, to making your data available in CMDB, through to normalizing and reconciling your data so it can be used by all of your IT Service Management applications.
- The end-to-end process is supported by a video that reinforces the key concepts and shows you how data moves into and through BMC Atrium CMDB.
- BMC Atrium Core documentation is now part of the end-to-end installation instructions and upgrade instructions for the entire BMC Remedy IT Service Management suite. We've consolidated information such as requirements and Oracle settings. And we provide a spreadsheet that you can use for planning your installation.
We want your feedback!
Have a question about the documentation? Can't find what you're looking for? Think you found an error? Click the Add comment link at the bottom of any documentation topic and let us know. You'll get an email notification when a BMC Information Developer replies, and when the topic is updated.
Within each documentation space, you can find a ready-made PDF of the entire documentation space. Or you can export any set of topics to form your own custom PDF.
Sounds great, how do I access the documentation?
Follow the links (above or below) to the documentation. To log in, use your Support user ID and password. The first time you access the BMC online documentation portal, you must agree to the usage terms (same as on the Electronic Product Download). One caveat is that your browser locale must be set to en-us.
The new 8.0 online documentation is available from these links: