Welcome to the October 2020 Hot Off The Press newsletter! This newsletter brings you the latest news and information on BMC Digital Service Management and Digital Service Operations products.
This month, we cover the following topics:
- Register for BMC Exchange!
- New Releases
- Digital Workplace Support Date Changes
- New BMC Educational Courses
- Upcoming and recent webinars
- Additional resources
BMC is excited to announce new releases of our TrueSight, Helix, and Remedy family of products. See the following table for links to product documentation for these releases.
For assistance with planning a product upgrade, submit a request to our Assisted MIGration Offering (AMIGO) program, which is offered to BMC customers currently subscribed to BMC Customer Support. For more information, see the BMC AMIGO Program Overview support page.
To align with common industry practices, BMC is changing its version support policy for products that have frequent feature releases with a regular schedule. This new policy allows us to focus on adding enhancements and customer-requested functionality. Since BMC Digital Workplace has new feature releases every six months, BMC is now providing full support for two years after the release and limited support for one year after the end of full support date. This new policy also applies to all the existing BMC Digital Workplace versions. See our BMC Communities post for more information. Also, sign up for our Digital Workplace Upgrade Best Practices webinar in December.
- The Helix Platform 3-day, instructor-led training course and certification exam is available for BMC Helix Platform 20.x: Fundamentals Developing - Part 2. This course focuses on the consoles that help you achieve your goals for codeless application development. It provides information on applications, libraries, and application attributes. Details about records, views, processes, rules, associated, and named lists, access levels, and permissions are also covered. Click here for more information.
- AR System 20.x Administering Courses—Two new courses are available along with a certification exam.
- BMC AR System 20.x: Fundamentals Administering - Part 1 is a web-based training (WBT) that helps participants learn foundational concepts necessary to administer applications in Remedy AR System. This 2-hour course is applicable to 18.x, 19.x, and 20.x versions. Click here for more information.
- BMC AR System 20.x: Fundamentals Administering - Part 2 is an instructor-led training course where you will learn how to administer Remedy AR System 20.x from user management to maintaining applications. This is a 4-day (32-hour) course is applicable to 18.x, 19.x, and 20.x versions. The prerequisite for this course is the AR System 20.x:Fundamentals Administering - Part 1 WBT. Click here for more information.
- BMC Certified Associate: AR System 20.x for Administrators online exam validates the technical competencies needed to successfully operate and administer out-of-the-box (OOTB) baseline functionality for Remedy AR system. This 2-hour online exam is applicable to 18.x, 19.x, and 20.x versions. Click here for more information.
If you didn't catch the live webinar, you can view the recording. Check out some of these recent and popular webinars:
Other issues of Hot Off The Press (Follow to receive alerts of new issues.)
- Remedy and Discovery YouTube Channel Subscribe Now
- TrueSight Server Automation YouTube Channel Subscribe Now
- TrueSight Capacity Optimization YouTube Channel Subscribe Now
- TrueSight Operations Management YouTube Channel Subscribe Now
Remedy product line cumulative hot fixes – Refer to KA#000164912 (you must be logged into Support Central to view the KA).
Remedy AR System | Remedy ITSM | CMDB | Discovery | Digital Workplace | BMC Helix | TrueSight Capacity Optimization | TrueSight Server Automation | TrueSight Network Automation | TrueSight Operations Mgmt | TrueSight Infrastructure Mgmt