We have a lot to share in this issue of Hot Off The Press. Read on for important information on underlying Remedy technology updates, training and more.
This month, we cover the following topics:
- New survey on BMC Helix on-premise deployment expectations
- Replacement of remaining Adobe Flash capabilities in Remedy
- End of Basic Authentication for Microsoft Exchange Online
- New Remedy training
- Upcoming and recent webinars
- Additional resources
We are currently reviewing the strategy around on-premise deployments of Service Management, Discovery, and IT Operations solutions. While we see many benefits for our customers in moving to SaaS, we plan to continue delivering an on-premise deployment option. To make sure we deliver the best possible experience for on-premise deployments, we want to review your expectations are for this area, and what alternatives there are to the current installer-centric approach. Please take 10 minutes of your time to respond to some questions in our new BMC Helix On-Premise Deployment Survey. We appreciate your participation and thank you in advance for your time.
Adobe announced the end of development and distribution of Adobe Flash Player by the end of the year 2020. BMC has taken proactive steps over recent releases to manage the deprecation of the Flash-based capabilities in the Remedy IT Service Management Suite. BMC has also been providing alternative solution capabilities for the majority of areas where Flash was used in the past. If you are using the Remedy on-premise software, BMC plans to deliver replacement capabilities for these remaining Flash-based capabilities via a version 20.02 patch 1 release for the Remedy platform components (Remedy AR System Server, CMDB, and Atrium Integrator). If you are a BMC Helix ITSM customer, BMC plans to upgrade your SaaS environments before the end of 2020 to replace the Flash-based capabilities. For more information, see our BMC Communities post.
Microsoft announced the end of Basic Authentication support for Exchange Online, effective the second half of 2021. BMC plans to deliver an update to address this in Remedy 20.02 patch 1. This patch is planned to be made available for download from the BMC Electronic Product Distribution (EPD) site by the end of August 2020.
The following training is available from BMC Education:
- BMC Helix ITSM/Remedy AR System 20.x: Fundamentals Administering - Part 1 (WBT) This course introduces Remedy AR System architecture, concepts and functions. Participants learn how to navigate Remedy Mid-Tier and Remedy Developer Studio in order to perform various tasks and how to apply these concepts in their own environments.
- BMC Helix ITSM/Remedy AR System 20.x: Fundamentals Administering - Part 2 (ILT) Remedy AR System provides the foundation for BMC Helix ITSM. In this course, participants learn how to administer Remedy AR System 20.x, from managing user access to maintaining an application. This instructor-led class includes hands-on lab exercises for administering Remedy AR System.
- BMC Certified Associate: Helix ITSM/Remedy AR System 20.x for Administrators Online Exam After you take the two courses, consider taking the exam. The BMC Certified Associate: Helix ITSM/Remedy AR System 20.x for Administrators Online Certification Exam validates the technical competencies needed to successfully operate and administer out-of-the-box (OOTB) baseline functionality for the BMC Remedy AR System.
If you don't catch the live webinar, you can view the recording. Check out some of these recent and popular webinars:
- Using the Subquery Option to Optimize Row Level Security Searches
- Mid-tier & Tomcat Best Practice Configuration for Performance
- Smart Reporting: Best Practice Basics for Building Reports
- Smart Reporting: Best Practices for Advanced Report Creation
- RSSO Kerberos Configuration Best Practices & Troubleshooting
- Remedy Performance Considerations for Smart IT Application
Other issues of Hot Off The Press Follow to receive alerts of new issues
Remedy and Discovery YouTube Channel Subscribe Now
Remedy product line cumulative hot fixes – Refer to KA#000164912 (you must be logged into Support Central to view the KA).