Welcome to the June 2020 issue of Hot Off The Press, our regular newsletter to bring you the latest news and information on BMC Digital Service Management products.
This month, we cover the following topics:
- BMC Digital Workplace 20.02 Patch 1 has been released!
- Remedy versions going into Limited Support
- Microsoft Internet Explorer (IE) 11 deprecation
- Videos and other information to get started with BMC Client Management
- Upcoming and recent webinars
- Additional resources
We are excited to announce the release of BMC Digital Workplace 20.02 Patch 1. This patch delivers significant updates that streamline service delivery, including new group visibility configurations, advanced filtering and display options, along with other updated catalog capabilities. Additionally, a new installer makes it possible for you to configure Remedy Single Sign-On with just a few clicks. You can find more information at the following links:
- What's new in BMC Digital Workplace 20.02.01 (Communities blog post)
- Quick demo video
- Release notes (BMC documentation)
The following product versions go into Limited Support in June:
- Remedy 9.1.03 goes into Limited Support on June 8, 2020.
- Smart IT 18.05 goes into Limited Support on June 18, 2020.
Consider upgrading to our latest version, which is 20.02.
Starting with the 21.02 release (targeted for February 2021), BMC will no longer support the use of Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11 with the products listed on the BMC Customer Support Community.
If you're taking advantage of our 90-day FREE offer for BMC Client Management, you might be wondering where to start and what to do next. Take a look at these videos, doc topics, and knowledge articles:
If you don't have BMC Client Management, sign up for our special offer here: https://www.bmc.com/forms/manage-remote-workforce-during-crisis-contact-us.html.
If you don't catch the live webinar, you can view the recording. Check out some of these recent and popular webinars:
- Smart Reporting: Best Practice Basics for Building Reports
- Smart Reporting: Best Practices for Advanced Report Creation
- Archiving Best Practices & Troubleshooting
- RSSO Kerberos Configuration Best Practices & Troubleshooting
- Remedy Test Automation Libraries Overview & Use
- Remedy Performance Considerations for Smart IT Application
Other issues of Hot Off The Press Follow to receive alerts of new issues
Remedy and Discovery YouTube Channel Subscribe Now
Remedy product line cumulative hot fixes – Refer to KA#000164912 (you must be logged into Support Central to view the KA).