Free trials, new releases, betas and more! There is a lot of great content in our May 2020 newsletter, so don't miss this one! This month we cover the following topics:
- Struggling with the Covid-19 ‘new normal’? Try our 90-day free offer for BMC Client Management
- BMC Helix ITSM / Remedy ITSM user experience beta program
- Discovery 20.02 (v12.0) release
- Troubleshooting guides
- Upcoming and recent webinars
- Additional resources
The current Covid-19 pandemic situation has literally changed the way business is done, and it is most certainly not business as usual any more. Many organisations are faced with a challenge to support their work force working remotely for the first time in such massive numbers. Both workers and their companies are struggling with this change. More requests are coming in for remote assistance. IT staff, who are also working from home without their usual resources, need tools to support these remote workers. Many people are working remotely for the first time.
New remote workers often require hardware and software to work effectively from home. Organizations must be able to track and manage the laptops and applications that go home with employees and that connect into the company’s environment remotely.
BMC Client Management can be the game-changer to get the remote workforce up and running and, most importantly, keep them secure and productive. IT staff can directly and securely access home-based-employees' devices to support and reconfigure, ensuring minimal downtime. If your IT staff use Smart IT, they can access BMC Client Management capabilities from Smart IT.
BMC is proud to offer you with a 90-day FREE offer for BMC Client Management. What this means for you is, 90 days of endpoint management at no cost to you to help you wrap your arms around your new normal.
Check out these links to register and for more information:
|Special product offer (register here)||BMC helps you manage your new remote workforce - BMC Software|
|Promotion launch and demo||Securely Support Your New Remote Workers (video, 33 minutes)|
|Client Management Community||Quick Start "Learn" page|
BMC Software is pleased to announce the availability of the latest version of BMC Discovery, 20.02 (v12.0). The much anticipated release contains some major enhancements and improvements.
- Introducing Outposts - Lightweight approach to enable discovery across multiple network regions. The outpost has multiple benefits that lessen the operational burden of running Discovery
- New PAM Connectors
- Data Sources - Ability to add static sources of information from databases, REST API, and file systems on remote hosts
- SNMP Discovery Enhancements
- New Multi-Generational Datastore Option
- Online Backups
- Online Compaction
- Performance Gains
- And many other enhancements
Important defects have been resolved in this release. See the details here.
Be aware that the following features have deprecated support:
- The BMC Discovery export framework in the 20.02 (v12.0) release of BMC Discovery and will be removed in a future release. For new exports, you should consider using the REST API.
- The attachments feature is deprecated in the version 20.02 (v12.0) release of BMC Discovery and will be removed in a future release.
- The RSS channel feature is deprecated in the version 20.02 (v12.0) release of BMC Discovery and will be removed in a future release.
For details about the upgrade procedure, see Upgrading BMC Discovery in the documentation.
Further Troubleshooting Guides, which are jointly produced by Support and Engineering have recently been published. You can find these in the below links, along with some other popular troubleshooting guides. These can all be found in the Troubleshooting section within the product documentation.
- Troubleshooting Smart IT Cloned Environments
- Troubleshooting issues while adding custom fields
- Troubleshooting performance issues related to the Ticket Console and Asset Console
- Troubleshooting Global search
BMC Digital Workplace
- Troubleshooting configuration for Remedy Single Sign-On integration
- Troubleshooting installation and upgrade issues in BMC Digital Workplace
- Troubleshooting DWP – SSL Integration problems
Remedy platform and applications
- Troubleshooting MidTier issues, including performance issues, cache problems and errors
- Pentaho Plugin
- SLM – Most common issues
Register and join us for some of our upcoming webinars:
If you don't catch the live webinar, you can view the recording. Check out some of these recent and popular webinars:
- Archiving Best Practices & Troubleshooting
- RSSO Kerberos Configuration Best Practices & Troubleshooting
- Remedy Test Automation Libraries Overview & Use
- Remedy Performance Considerations for Smart IT Application
- Live Chat in Smart IT
- Troubleshooting RSSO integration with MT and DWP webinar
- Configuring Digital Workplace Catalog with RSSO
Other issues of Hot Off The Press (Be sure to follow to receive alerts about new issues!)
Remedy and Discovery YouTube channel (Subscribe Now!)
Remedy product line cumulative hot fixes—Refer to KA#000164912 (You must be logged in to Support Central to view the knowledge article.)