We have several important updates for you as the year draws to a close. Check them out in this holiday edition of Hot Off the Press!
This month we cover the following topics:
- Digital Workplace and Helix 19.11 releases are now available!
- Smart Reporting version 19.02 (and earlier) includes third-party license expires December 31, 2019
- Use our new secure file transfer to sending files to BMC Customer Support
- Hot fix for BMC Digital Workplace comment notifications
- Troubleshooting issues with approvals
- Latest and upcoming webinars
- Additional resources
The 19.11 versions of BMC Helix Digital Workplace and BMC Helix SaaS products have been released! BMC Helix Digital Workplace Basic 19.11 and BMC Helix Digital Workplace Advanced 19.11 have been released for both on-premise and SaaS customers.BMC Helix ITSM 19.11 has been released only to Helix (SaaS) subscribers. Remedy ITSM is available for on-premise customers on a semi-annual release cycle with releases in February and August with the next release, 20.02, scheduled for February, 2020. Effective with version 19.11, Smart Reporting content is in its own documentation space. There is no version 19.11 deployment space for Remedy ITSM, because this is a SaaS-only release and is deployed by BMC SaaS operations. BMC Helix Platform 19.11, BMC Helix Integration Service 19.11, BMC Helix Business Workflows 19.11, BMC Helix Chatbot 19.11 and BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management 19.11 have been released and are SaaS-only products.
When this third-party license expires Smart Reporting will no longer work. Please see this notification on BMC Communities for more information and how to resolve this issue.
BMC has changed the way that customers upload their files to our BMC FTP site. Effective immediately, if you need to send files or log files that to BMC Customer Support, you should use the new SFT process (Secure File Transfer). You can find instructions on how to upload files with SFT, along with our 2 other methods for uploading files (attaching files <2GB to the support case or emailing them to BMC Customer Support) in this BMC Communities article. All previous anonymous FTP uploads will be disabled as of Feb 3, 2020.
BMC Software has identified an issue with comment notifications for service requests in BMC Digital Workplace 19.05 and 19.08. Please see our BMC Communities post for more information.
To help reduce customer effort, we have developed Troubleshooting Guides to help ensure that we collect the right logs & information the first time and avoid having to go back and forth with multiple requests for logs. Using Root Cause codes, the Troubleshooting Guides are written for the top problems reported by customers. These guides also contain the top knowledge articles and videos for this product component. Check out our latest Troubleshooting Guides on Approval Server that have been added to our online documentation:
- Troubleshooting when approvals are not processed or other unexpected behaviors occur
- Troubleshooting performance issues while processing approvals
- Troubleshooting when approval server fails to process records from Application Pending form
- Troubleshooting plug-in issues with approval server
- Troubleshooting when approving requests via emails does not work
You can find additional information in the following popular knowledge articles and videos:
- A checklist to validate the configuration of your approval server
- A simple test to verify if your approval server is working fine
- Steps to enable approval log and activate Approval Debug Mode
- Steps to perform when sanity check for approval server fails
- Steps to perform when approvals and status changes are delayed even if the approval process is configured correctly
- Steps to perform when records are stuck in the Application Pending form (Error: "no arapsignalxx_build001 in java.library.path")
- Steps to enable AR System dispatcher log
- Steps to troubleshoot when the Approval Server does not receive AR System server waking signal
- Video: How to Test AR System Approval Engine
Register and join us for our December 18th webinar, Live Chat in Smart IT. The following recent webinars are available for playback at your convenience:
- Java Performance Monitoring (Remedy ITSM)
- Consuming REST API for Integration (Remedy and Helix ITSM)
- Deployment Simplification Case Study (Remedy ITSM)
- Health Check Tool (Truesight Operations Management)
- Let's Chat....bot (BMC Chatbot and BMC Helix Digital Workplace)
Other issues of Hot Off The Press Follow to receive alerts of new issues
Remedy and Discovery YouTube Channel Subscribe Now
Remedy product line cumulative hot fixes – Refer to KA#000164912 (you must be logged into Support Central to view the KA).