One year ago the inaugural edition of our Hot Off the Press Newsletter was published!
As we celebrate our first birthday, we cover the following topics:
- Fixes available for Remedy Mid Tier security vulnerabilities
- Recent and upcoming webinars
- TrueSight videos
- New education offerings
- Remedy ITSM Solution performance resources
- Additional resources
BMC Software has identified and fixed Mid Tier vulnerabilities including Remote Code Execution and Reflected Cross-site Scripting. Remedy Mid Tier 9.0, 9.1, 18.05, 18.08, 19.02, and 19.08, all versions, service packs, and patches are affected by these vulnerabilities. See our BMC Communities post for more information and access to the hot fixes.
There's still time to sign up for upcoming webinars.
|Java Performance Monitoring||November 6|
|Consuming REST API for Integration||November 20|
|Live Chat in Smart IT||December 18|
If you don't catch the live webinar, you can view the recording. Check out some of our recently recorded webinars:
- Digital Workplace New Progressive Web App
- Helix Platform Best Practices for Creating a Custom Connector
If you use TrueSight for Proactive Service Resolution, you might find these videos helpful. Check out the TrueSight Best Practices Webinar Series. The following are a few webinars from the series:
- TrueSight Server Automation - Smart Reporting
- TrueSight Capacity Optimization - New ETL Development Kit
- TrueSight Operations Management - Transition to Policy Management
Subscribe to the following YouTube channels:
- TrueSight Automation YouTube Channel
- TrueSight Capacity Optimization YouTube Channel
- TrueSight Operations Management YouTube Channel
The BMC Helix Add-Ons 19.x: Fundamentals Administering instructor-led course will introduce you to the configuration and use of BMC Helix Chatbot, BMC Helix Cognitive Automation, and BMC Helix Multi-Cloud Service Management. For more information and to register for this course see this link and for the BMC Certified Associate: Helix Add-Ons 19.x Online Exam see this link. The following new subscription options include both instructor-led and web-based training:
- BMC Helix ITSM & CMDB: Ultimate Subscription with over 300 hours of training for 19.x, 18.x, and 9.x versions.
- BMC Helix Digital Workplace and Add-Ons: Ultimate Subscription with over 100 hours of training for 19.x and 18.x versions.
Looking to improve performance? Read through the following knowledge articles about Best Practice Configuration:
- KA 000114508 AR Server - https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-48031
- KA 000163372 Digital Workplace - https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-118177
- KA 000159890 FTS - https://communities.bmc.com/docs/DOC-110331
You can find performance benchmarks and tuning in the BMC Remedy ITSM Deployment documentation:
- 19.08 ITSM Solution performance benchmarking
- Single user response times for multiple browsers and latencies
- Performance tuning for Remedy
Other issues of Hot Off The Press Follow to receive alerts of new issues
Remedy and Discovery YouTube Channel Subscribe Now
Support What's New (YouTube Channel links and Top KAs)
Remedy product line cumulative hot fixes – Refer to KA#000164912 (you must be logged into Support Central to view the KA).