Welcome to the October issue of Hot Off The Press, our regular newsletter to bring you the latest news and information on BMC Digital Service Management products.
This month, we cover the following topics:
- Hot fix for BMC Digital Workplace and Smart IT security vulnerability
- Recent and upcoming webinars
- Troubleshoot issues with Approval Server
- Additional resources
BMC Software has identified an unauthenticated Remote Code Execution security vulnerability CVE-2019-16755 (CVSS v3 score 10.0) in BMC Digital Workplace and Remedy with Smart IT. For further details, including affected product versions, prerequisite patch levels, and access to the fixes, see our BMC Communities post.
Keep an eye on our schedule of upcoming webinars. The following webinars are planned for October:
- Helix Custom Connector best practices
- Digital Workplace PWA UI enhancements
If you miss a webinar, you can always catch the recording later.
The 19.08 Release Features webinar covers the exciting new capabilities introduced with the 19.08 release. Learn about delivering a world-class user experience for ITSM, creating new customer value as part of BMC’s Cognitive Service Management strategy, our new REST API capabilities and many other new capabilities.
Check out our recent Smart Reporting webinars:
- 19.02 Smart Reporting Overview webinar covers newly introduced capabilities. Freehand SQL in AR JDBC enables building complex reports. Assisted insight helps Smart Reporting users learn 'why.' Stories help everyone gain insights from your data.
- Smart Reporting: Performance Best Practices webinar provides an overview of the architecture and sizing, best practice configuration setting for optimal performance including cluster configuration, and review the benefits of a replicated database architecture for performance.
We have new information to help you troubleshoot issues with Approval Server:
- Our new troubleshooting guide https://docs.bmc.com/docs/ars1908/troubleshooting-remedy-approval-server-866878012.html can help you with performance issues, processing issues, approvals by email, and more.
- Our recent video How to Test the AR System Approval Engine can help you test Approval Server to determine if there is an issue.
Other issues of Hot Off The Press Follow to receive alerts of new issues
Remedy and Discovery YouTube Channel Subscribe Now
Remedy product line cumulative hot fixes – Refer to KA#000164912 (you must be logged into Support Central to view the KA).