Welcome to the April issue of Hot Off The Press, our regular newsletter to bring you the latest news and information on BMC Digital Service Management products.
This month, we cover the following topics:
- Remedy version 19.02 supports Java version 11
- BMC Digital Workplace 19.02 includes a revamped user interfaces and other enhancements
- Self-solve resources are available 24/7
- BMC Analytics end of life in March 2020
- Update to MongoDB migration utility for Smart IT
- Looking to get started with Smart Reporting?
- Additional resources
With the release of version 19.02, Remedy AR System now supports Java version 11, in addition to Java 8. For the first time, Remedy AR System can also be used with OpenJDK (version 11 only) in addition to Oracle Java SE. Note that if you upgrade your Java version to 11 after you install AR System version 19.02 on the same server, you must update the server configuration to avoid server start-up problems caused by
-XX:+UseParNewGC remaining as a JVM option. For more information on the configuration changes needed to avoid server start-up problems, see the following documentation topic: updating java paths after upgrading java. For detailed information about all compatibility aspects of Remedy AR System and ITSM applications / Smart IT, please see Remedy ITSM Suite Compatibility 19.02.
BMC Digital Workplace 19.02 is now available and has exciting new features based on customer feedback. Check out the What's New in BMC Digital Workplace blog to learn more.
The BMC Support team is providing you with lots of new self-solve resources. You can use these resources to solve your problems faster, and also to receive proactive product support information. For more information visit and bookmark Remedy ITSM: Support What's New.
As previously communicate in our Statement of Direction, BMC is planning to End of Life both BMC Atrium Dashboards and Analytics and BMC Analytics for BSM. After March 2020, BMC will no longer provide BMC Analytics for BSM in the cloud.
Starting with version 18.05, Smart IT no longer uses MongoDB for storing social data. If you are planning to upgrade from Smart IT 2.0 or earlier to version 18.08 or 19.02, get the update to the MongoDB migration utility attached to this BMC Communities post.
Here are a few resources to learn more about Smart Reporting:
- Check out our Remedy Smart Reporting playlist on YouTube. We have over 80 videos to help you create the reports you need.
- Our docs on Getting started with BMC Remedy Smart Reporting provide introductory concepts, and include links to introductory videos and tutorials.
- The Smart Reporting community group is a great place to check how others are using Smart Reporting and to ask your questions.
Other issues of Hot Off The Press Follow to receive alerts of new issues
Remedy and Discovery YouTube Channel Subscribe Now
Remedy product line cumulative hot fixes – Refer to KA#000164912 (you must be logged into Support Central to view the KA).