March brings us new releases, new classes, new videos and much more. Read on!
This month, we cover the following topics:
- 19.02 releases are now available
- Smart IT 18.05 and 18.08 performance fixes
- Latest Remedy hot fixes
- Latest education offerings
- Remedy with Smart IT 1.4 now in Limited Support
- Blog posts about BMC Digital Workplace
- Latest videos
- Additional resources
The 19.02 releases of Remedy ITSM Suite, BMC Digital Workplace, BMC Helix Platform, BMC Helix Business Workflow and BMC Helix Integration Service are now available! If you did not receive the proactive notification emails last week and want to receive these notifications in the future, go to the BMC Support website, login, select My Support > Product Alerts (Proactive Notifications), and enroll. Please join the Remedy product management team in March’s Connect with Remedy Webinar to hear about what's new in Remedy 19.02. Click here to register for the webinar.
To prevent and address Smart IT performance problems on versions 18.05 and 18.08, follow the steps and apply the fixes as explained in Knowledge Article KA 000163544 (Spanish version KA 000163593). In addition, we highly recommend that any customers currently on Smart IT 18.08, also apply patch 1, which was released in November. For more information about patch 1, click here.
We created a knowledge article that provides FTP locations for the latest Remedy product line cumulative hot fixes. To download the latest hot fixes, please refer to KA#000164912 (you must be logged into Support Central to view the KA).
BMC Education offers web-based training (WBT) and instructor-led courses. The following are some of the latest education offerings:
- BMC Digital Workplace 18.x: Fundamentals Using (WBT)
- BMC Digital Workplace 18.x: Fundamentals Administering
- BMC Certified Associate: Digital Workplace 18.x Online Exam
- BMC Remedy with Smart IT 18.x: Fundamentals Using (WBT)
- BMC Remedy with Smart IT 18.x: Fundamentals Administering
- BMC Certified Associate: Remedy with Smart IT 18.x Online Exam
Remedy with Smart IT version 1.4 is now in Limited Support. To review what Limited Support means, see https://www.bmc.com/support/resources/bmc-product-support-policy.html.BMC recommends that customers move to a fully supported version. Our latest release, 19.02, is fully supported for 3 years. Version 19.02 includes the following enhancements:
- The Smart IT chat function supports swarming by providing a new set of functions to facilitate this collaborative approach to ticket resolution. The new command line option within the Chat UI enables you to get more information about the ticket and to get suggestions that might help to resolve an issue.
- You can now copy change requests, so that you can easily create new change requests that are similar to the already existing change requests.
- Users with only the knowledge viewer permissions to access the Knowledge Console.
- Smart IT now provides more information about Status Reason changes in the Activity notes.
- And more – For the complete list, click here.
The Digital Workplace Support team recently wrote some great new blog posts about Digital Workplace Catalog. Digital Workplace Catalog allows you to design your workflow to determine what happens when you submit a service request. It integrates seamlessly with Remedy IT Service Management through its built-in connectors, and with Integration Service you are able to connect to a range of other systems. But what if the system you want to connect to is simply not available or if you need to extend the functionality beyond the Digital Workplace Catalog core components? That’s where Remote Server Integration comes in. These two blog articles will help you to get started: how to set up the server, define the interface, and even more importantly, these articles explain you how to get the most out of the Remote Server Integration:
- Digital Workplace Catalog: How to get started with remote server integration
- Digital Workplace Catalog: Building a full remote server integration
Check out these other new useful blog posts, too:
- How to troubleshoot services created using Digital Workplace Catalog
- How to automatically update a request with the fulfilment ID at each stage of its workflow lifecycle
- How to pass question responses to custom fields within BMC Remedy Incident Management
Have you subscribed to the Remedy and Discovery YouTube channel? If not, you might have missed some of our latest videos:
- Connect with Remedy - Available Self-Solve Resources (10 minutes)
- Configuring SRM Adhoc Group Approvals (4 minutes)
- Troubleshooting issues with SRM Query Menus (5 minutes)
- How to change database repository details in Smart Reporting (2 minutes)
Other issues of Hot Off The Press Follow to receive alerts of new issues
Remedy and Discovery YouTube Channel Subscribe Now