BMC MainView Middleware Monitor 9.0 became available on May 21, 2020.
I am excited to announce this release of MainView Middle Monitor 9.0, the latest release of the product formerly known as TrueSight Middleware Monitor. This is a major release with significant new capability.
- IBM® MQ is key to most customer middleware environments and this release includes several enhancements for monitoring MQ. The Queue manager view now shows client connections, accounting and statistic tabs, as well as monitoring MQ system topics for resource usage statistics. The queue manager and queue views both include Media Image attributes and the Policy and Event Pack is updated for Accounting and Statistics.
- More customers are using Open Source middleware environments and with this release we add Support for Apache Active MQ with a new monitoring extension. It includes out of the box views, history templates and view collections for the new ActiveMQ objects. In addition, a new Policy and Event Pack has been provided, as well as policies to register objects for monitoring, associate discovered ActiveMQ objects to history and event templates to allow you to quickly monitor ActiveMQ.
- For customers using the message broker, this extension now supports App Connect Enterprise (ACE) and REST API Application monitoring (IIB and ACE). The broker may now be monitored remotely to reduce the number of agents you need to deploy and manage.
- The DataPower extension has also been upgraded and is now enabled for discovery. This allows fine-tuned selection for monitoring using policies, the Bulk Monitor Selection dialog or the repomgr tool. Performance improvements have been made to prevent a poorly performing device from skewing the statistics collected for other devices and the Policy and Event Pack has been updated. The extension also reports on the DataPower memory usage of domains.
- Event trigger evaluation is also upgraded in this release and now allows you to use a string value with the comparison operators. This provides much greater flexibility and options when it comes to defining your event triggers.
This is only a sampling of the new capability introduced with 9.0. To see more information about this release please review the Release Notes.
MainView Middleware Monitor along with MainView Middleware Administrator form the MainView Middleware Management family. Learn how MainView Middleware Management provides real-time monitoring and administration for messaging-oriented middleware environments including IBM® MQ, Integration Bus (IIB), App Connect Enterprise (ACE) and DataPower and Apache ActiveMQ and TIBCO Enterprise Message Service (EMS).