Partner Resource Monitoring:
How often have you been trying to find out which backend system a transaction is using when a problem occurs? Well, MainView for CICS just made it a lot easier! With the latest continuous delivery update you can get this information with just one click by adding views that will provide Partner Resource information. You can easily follow the transaction, detect where the problem really lies and correct it, reducing the time to problem resolution without leaving MainView.
The new views will provide the following information:
- The name of the partner
- The target region (CICS) or subsystem (Db2 or IMS) name
- The 8-character name of the IBM z/OS Communications Server node
- The 8-character name of the network in which the partner is located
- The 8-character name of the PROFILE definition
- The 64-character name of the remote transaction program that runs on the partner LU
- A halfword binary field giving the actual length of the remote transaction program
Health Check Containers:
Have you ever been asked what areas of the monitor you are using, or what the health of MainView for CICS is? Now with the inclusion of health check containers, you can provide this information with ease. Three new out of the box configurations will tell you about:
- The health of the connection between CICS regions and their subsystems
- The backend monitors that are currently active and the associated timers and message IDs
- MainView for CICS usage and configuration information.
With these new containers you can see at a glance if there is a problem or export the data and provide reports on how you are using the monitor.
MainView for CICS (MVCICS) and MainView for CICS Management provides a comprehensive solution for managing your IBM CICS TS environment. It is a cost-effective, intelligent, and integrated CICS management solution that enables you to tune, manage, and automatically take actions before disruptive and highly complex digital business workloads impede the smooth flow of business. It is part of an integrated family of monitors with easy guided navigation to follow a transaction for CICS to other subsystems such as MQ, Db2 and IMS. For more information about MainView for CICS Management, visit the website.
For more information about how to get these features follow this link