As part of our ongoing mission to make business easier for our customers by using industry standard best practices, BMC is happy to announce that it now offers a new maintenance delivery service: Receive Order. This new delivery method uses the IBM SMP/E RECEIVE ORDER process to acquire BMC Mainframe product maintenance over the internet by securely submitting an order for PTFs and HOLDDATA to a BMC Order server.
You can reduce hours of maintenance time down to just minutes, making your system programmers more productive and allowing them to focus on higher value tasks. After a successful pilot program, Receive Order is already being used by several large BMC customers. Receive Order is standardizing maintenance retrieval and helping to make the mainframe platform viable for new mainframe professionals.
BMC Receive Order:
- Eliminates time-consuming fix searches and the need to select maintenance manually through the BMC Support Portal
- Automates delivery of BMC maintenance directly to your mainframe
- Fulfills orders based on the status of your SMP/E environments
- Enables scheduling of maintenance downloads
- Facilitates an easier installation of BMC Recommended and Preventive services
- Provides a secure transfer method to ensure the integrity of maintenance downloads
- Replaces the BMC ISR application with a more secure, industry standard method
With the BMC support for Receive Order, you can acquire maintenance on demand or can schedule a SMP/E job to run regularly. The BMC Order server supports the IBM-documented order types, which include: ALL, APARS, CRITICAL, HOLDDATA, PTFS, and RECOMMENDED.
BMC customers can immediately start to use Receive Order for BMC maintenance acquisition and take advantage of all the listed benefits.
Get a head start on the new year here and download the documentation!