BMC Communities is about to dress up for Xmas time.
It's going to be far more white:
- no more right and left gray border on the page
- no more dark News/Profile/Inbox/Create/Search top bar (below the header)
All these areas will move to white, reducing the depth of the site, making it more comfortable to use.
Whiter overall, border-to-border header and footer
This very community
You'll see changes in Using BMC Communities too.
- The name will move to a very clear Using BMC Communities, setting expectations about the focus
- The landing page (aka Overview) will be simplified
- We'll introduce a new concept, tabs, each of them focusing on a given Use Case for this community
- one tab will be Learn, and will propose enablement resources so that you can be more and more productive with this platform
- one tab will be Ideas, and provide a UX helping you to best interact on ideas for this community
You'll also see a new way to display Recent Activity, summarizing far more interactions, and giving more hints on what happened for now on each content:
Summarized view of Recent Activity
Such changes were designed to improve your usage of BMC Communities.
It's the present that the Communities team has for you to end 2016.
The whiter look (and core changes) will happen on Friday 9th, around 6:30am Pacific (aka 8pm India, or 15:30 in Paris)
We'll have a 15min pause to make it happen. You'll be able to follow progress on Twitter, @BMCCommunities
The layout changes to this very BMC Social community will happen step by step in the next 2 weeks.
We can't wait to see how these changes (aesthetic and functional) will make your Experience even better.
Please share feedback as comments, now and after the phased rollout