For the past year, we’ve been designing a new Community experience. It’s crafted from the input you’ve provided through years of surveys, collaborating with community experts, and conversations with key champions (Customers, Partners, BMCers).
First, don't worry: you’ll continue to find all the resources you’ve enjoyed, with similar features and programs (Q&A, Blogs, Events, Knowledge Articles, Ideas, Beta Programs).
We're also switching to a more modern experience, with personalized pages, improved search, and enhanced features for Ideas & Events.
Members in the Community will enjoy a more compelling and actionable experience. Take a look at our new home page as an example.
- The current Home page (left screenshot) is the same for visitors and Members, and is quite crowded with content from the full portfolio of products.
- For a visitor to the new home page (middle screenshot), we give clear access to the biggest communities so that the vast majority of guests can focus on what they care about, beginning with a specific product.
- As a Member (right screenshot), the home page is personalized, with feeds on what you actually care about, quick access to the products and topics you follow, and the groups you’re a member of.
Home Page: click on each image to maximize
For ideation, we've simplified the workflow and clarified expectations.
This authentic approach will help with transparency and efficiency of the ideation process.
Ideas: simple 3-step workflow
State of the Art Search
We know that searching efficiently is very important (don't we all spend hours each week searching thru emails? ). The new search engine is using Machine Learning, helping to improve relevancy of search over time. We've also improved search in other ways:
- When you search from a specific Product community, search will by default only search for content related to this product
- You'll have intuitive ways to filter your search by Type, Product and Date (and of course usual search tricks like word1 OR "word2 and word3")
- In the result list, key details will appear for each item, giving more context: products it relates to, number of RSVPs on an event, points and avatar for a Member, etc.
Easy search filter: by Type, Product and Date
Events on steroids
To make it easier for you to see webinars that are relevant for you, we've extended the Event capability to provide various ways to spot events that you should participate in.
Full calendar of scheduled events, and ways to filter by Trending Event
You'll see improvements and small changes for other features too, and we will focus on them in the next 2 weeks.
Any feedback already? Please comment below!
We're not done with this post:
- Between now and Nov 6th, we'll post more details about the new platform so that you can get prepared. Please give us your feedback along the way.
- After Nov 9th, the conversation continues: we're at the start of a new journey, with you - we'll capture your feedback, and take actions to make the Community even better for us all.
We are thrilled to be delivering a 21st-century Community platform that levels up our game, and hope you enjoy it too.