BMC Communities values relationships, openness, transparency, authenticity and collaboration above everything else. In efforts of the same, here are key highlights on the feedback we gathered early 2017 BMC Communities survey.
In March... more than 500 of you responded on what you thought of the recent BMC Communities enhancements and the overall experience.
Here are some of the things we learnt:
- 85% of respondents access BMC Communities daily or at least once a week.
On 'how satisfied are you with BMC Communities?', you continue to rate us above average at 3.8/5. Thank you for your love & commitment!
Your favourite Communities
- We learnt that you are interested in several communities. Top product communities being:
- In Svc Support: Remedy ITSM, Remedy AR System, Discovery / ADDM, FootPrints Service Core, Remedyforce, MyIT,CMDBTrack-It!
- In SecOps: Server Automation, Atrium Orchestrator, Cloud Lifecycle Mgmt
- In Performance/Operations, TrueSight Operations MgmtTrueSight Infrastructure Mgmt, ,TrueSight Capacity Optimization,
- In Workload Automation, the one and only, Control-M
- But, you were also interested in non-product communities, top 3 being:
Recent updates on BMC Communities
Many high level and tactical improvements happened since we last spoke, here are some of the things you can enjoy now:
- New UX/look & feel - We simplified how you navigate on your favourite product communities from an all you can eat experience to a more specific topic (blogs, ideas, knowledge base) focused experience to boost ease of information consumption on BMC Communities.
- Thousands of Knowledge Articles - Enablement content (public knowledge articles) from BMC support experts now available BMC Communities. Read more here: Many useful documents to appear for Products you use.
|Features you love||Features you 'OK' with||Features you want improved|
1. Using BMC Communities on a mobile browser
- Overall, you seem to be extremely happy with most features on BMC Communities. Special mention goes to login with SSO, where you rated the feature 4.1 out of 5.
- Features you find so-so:
Want us to cover specific topics in the learn experience? Share your feedback on the learn experience with us in the comment sections below.
- In early Feb, we had a soft launch of events module on BMC Communities. Many users (including myself) use it quite often, RSVP-ing on the same was rated 3.3 out of 5. As we grow this feature, you can now create your own events and RVSP friends & colleagues.
- Join the upcoming events by RSVPing and adding to your calendar:
- Lastly, lowest rated feature on BMC Communities was using BMC Communities on a mobile browser. While we are aware of this and continue to work on improving this feature, here are some things that you can do on BMC Communities on-the-go:
- Using communities inbox to review latest notification.
- Browsing & sharing content.
|Programs you love||Programs you 'OK' with||Programs you want improved|
There are numerous active programs running on BMC Communities. The table above denotes how you feel about them.
- You gave very healthy CSAT (3.3+ out of 5) for most programs. The only programs that were rated low were, Ideation and Local user groups, both were given 3.1 out of 5.
- You are happy with partner communities on BMC Communities, giving a rating of 3.4 out of 5. To improve partner experience further, we recently launched our first public partner community. Check it out here - Partner Community.
Actions on our side to improve your experience:
- Ideation program is in its growing phase with 5,000 unique visitors each month now. Thanks to latest initiatives such as dedicated idea pages for product communities, new idea search bar and unarchiving many ideas. Some positive feedback received from Mohammad Rehman & Jason Miller on the idea search bar:
- You ranked us lowest on Local User Group / Local events. This year we plan to be more active than ever to inform you about the BMC events coming to your neighbourhood. See more details here: BMC Exchange – Coming to a City Near You!
- Also, if you are hosting/attending an event, feel free to invite nearby friends & colleagues by creating your own event on BMC Communities.
Many of your feedback made us blush . Here are some quotes from happy users explaining their unique goals (and success stories) on BMC Communities:
"It's not possible to work today without sharing its experiences, questions about tools like BMC...Community is really important for IT administrators."
"BMC Communities gives a solution for every requirement."
"This is one place where we get a lot of info, which is more than what we work on daily basis. This helps to understand the tools I'm using in a better way and the possibilities that I have never explored before."
"BMC Communities help answers to most of questions and functionalities and also help to reduce the number of issues\tickets to BMC support. It's also a great channel to bring the ideas for customers, users, partner etc."
"It's not only a great source of information but also a great way to interact with other people and share experiences."
To conclude, thank you very much for such positive results and honest feedback. We look to improve your experience further on BMC Communities.
Missed your chance to give feedback? We have the next BMC Communities Survey live in September'17. We look forward to hearing from you again.
Here's a game. In the comments section below, tell us:
- 1 thing you love about BMC Communities
- 1 thing you want to see improved