We love to listen to you to improve the experience BMC Communities provides. In the same spirit, here's the feedback we've gathered from the results of BMC Communities Survey, August 2016.
Your Initial Feedback - Favorite Communities
We we're overwhelmed by the responses we got (more than we were secretly aiming for ). We received 750+ responses. Thank you everyone for taking out time. We appreciate your commitment to making BMC Communities a better place to be. It was exciting to notice that 85% of you are using BMC Communities at least daily/weekly, now that you can login seamlessly with SSO. This is an 4% increase since the last time we checked.
We also learnt that you are interested in several communities. Top product communities being:
- In Svc Support: Remedy ITSM, Remedy AR System, Discovery / ADDM, FootPrints Service Core, Remedyforce, MyIT,Atrium CMDB Track-It!
- In DCA/Automation/Devops: BladeLogicServer Automation, Atrium Orchestrator, Cloud Lifecycle Mgmt
- In Performance/Operations, TrueSight Operations Mgmt TrueSight Infrastructure Mgmt, ,TrueSight Capacity Optimization,
- In Workload Automation, the one and only, Control-M
But most of you were also highly interested in:
- Using Communities,formerly BMC Social (almost 40% of you) - Where we now have resources (tips/tricks) to help you best learn on how to succeed on BMC Communities.
- And... the brand new Developer Community - If you still haven't heard about it, Welcome to the BMC Developer Community!
Programs & Features Accessed
There are several programs running on BMC Communities. Hence, we checked with you on how satisfied were you with these programs. The details mentioned in the table below:
|Programs you love||Programs you 'OK' with||Programs you want improved|
Insights on Programs improvements:
You were most happy about Engage Community & Beta Programs. Rating at 3.60 and 3.54 out of 5, respectively. Let's celebrate! Also, far more automation coming in beta programs, stay updated by following programs in connection streams.
- We are also aware that you want a better experience with local events and are fully committed on improving it. To improve, we listened to you and learnt that the major needs currently are:
- More local events
- Particularly in, geos such as USA (Florida, Washington), India (Bangalore), Canada (Quebec, Toronto) & Australia. By the way, did you know about BMC Day 2017 in Chicago - Get insider access to BMC solutions and executives. Be sure to RSVP and add to your email calendar, if interested in attending on 2 March, 2017.
- Local event in local language
- For Ideation, in 2017 you would be able to see brand new ideas page for every Products community. Psst... checkout the ideas page live for Remedy ITSM where you can find (and engage on) trending ideas, see idea stars, find featured finally and browse all ideas by stage e.g. on roadmap, delivered etc. (comment below with your thoughts).
We also checked your level of satisfaction with the features on BMC Communities. The details mentioned in the table below:
|Features you love||Features you 'OK' with||Features you want improved|
1. Using BMC Communities on a mobile browser
Insights on Features improvements:
- Using BMC Communities on a mobile browser ranked lowest (3.2/5) amongst all features. Your biggest challenge has been not to be able to create discussions or reply to them via mobile. We are looking for measures to improve that in the future. That said, here's a list of things that you can still currently do on mobile:
- Guest experience (non registered users) is seamless in navigating content.
- When logged in, you can efficiently manage Communities Inbox
- When logged in, you can efficiently browse News.
- Test your knowledge on key features on BMC Communities such asHow To: Master Guide on Searching on BMC Communities, Find answers for your products, Using Communities Inbox and much more on learn in Using Communities.
Many of your feedback made us blush . Here are some quotes from happy users explaining their unique goals (and success stories) on BMC Communities:
"It's the only real place to discuss BMC products with like minded souls."
"BMC communities help a lot in our daily routine job and can take a look at communities for any issues before reaching BMC Support over ticket and can get proper answers from engineers if we post any type of issue that helps and make our job simple. I love BMC communities very much :-)"
"I often do visit BMC Communities for Bladelogic Server Automation issues and it never disappoints me. I would say communities is much better than KCS. I am following many experts from the community and do receive their response in my inbox that helps me to keep myself up-to-date with the Bladelogic world."
"Most of the time, whenever I've posted questions or issues, someone responds. This is awesome!"
Achieved/Planned Improvements in 2017
- As discussed above, you can now learn inUsing Communities about features you've been asking us to improve.
Please comment below if there are other enablement topics on features that you would like to be covered in Using Communities.
- Product communities User Experience Redesign - Instead of having 1 landing page with all you can eat experience (tons of widget), this new UX targets productive behaviors for users:
- landing page to act as what's up + routing to key goal (w/o users having to scroll down too much, or dig into content tab)
- each tab (page) focusing on one Use Case
- The new UX consists of:
- a new landing page (now mobile-responsive friendly )
- focused pages (on each community, a couple of tabs)
- on each of these pages, tiles (technology replacing widget) including a custom dev one (Recent Activity summary -- see public heads-up)
Developer Community - Code, collaborate and innovate together with other BMC Developers. Get highlighted as 'featured innovators' and stay updated about upcoming events such as Digital Innovator Tech Podcast - Episode 4 "For the Record...".
Missed your chance to give feedback? We have the next BMC Communities Survey live in March'17. We look forward to hearing from you again.