In the past weeks, we've been analyzing feedback you gave on BMC Communities Early 2016 Survey.
I'm (very) excited to share initial results today (more will come in the next weeks), focusing for now on 3 topics:
We're delighted by the rating you gave, 4.1 out of 5.
Not as High as Angry Birds (ok, we don't compete with games), but as high as the very famous Skype app (technology I probably use the most, along with Google Hangouts, to interact with many of you).
Rating of BMC Communities is all-time high
Currently as high as Skype (4.1)
You make the Community successful, thank you a lot for being active on it!
I was so happy about this result that I just asked my mgr for 5 weeks off to celebrate that!
I may need your help so that such (very French) vacations are accepted, please comment with ways I could pitch that to him.
Regarding features on BMC Communities, you were all very happy with:
- finding your product community,
- posting (your own content),
- interacting (on content from others)
The capability that had the lowest score was mobile access.
Interestingly enough, you gave a rating of 3.14159. Yes, rating equals "pi", exactly!
We were aware of such mobile limitation beforehand, and the release we made late Feb (while the survey was still up) addressed many concerns regarding mobile access. We now get between 4% and 18% of mobile traffic each day (week-ends are higher as you can guess)
We know we still have gaps, and we want you all to share your experience with mobile responsive design (Marketing buzzword to say "enjoy site directly by using your phone browser to go on a site")
Hope is not a strategy, so a friend tipped me on the best way to make sure that you all give feedback.
We'll force you
Starting next Monday, we'll shut down usual web access, and only allow phone access.
Get ready today:
- On your phone, start Chrome mobile or Safari mobile, and go on communities.bmc.com
- Check out the mobile Home Page, show it off to your closest colleague (bonus points if he/she does the same steps)
- Then you can go wild:
- Log in (usual BMC Communities username and password -- we've not applied SSO yet, stay tuned)
- Check your Inbox. and Your content
- Try and create a Status Update and @mention Michael Hoover (let's spam him a little bit, for the fun of it -- he's been helping us a lot these past months to grow maturity on mobile access, so deserves some stalking)
- Search for this very blog post
- You worked hard (even if that was easy, it was very productive ), you can have a break. 10 minutes are fully deserved. A small walk outside? (ohhh, you can even take your phone with you to finalize these steps while resting in the sun)
- Add a comment about how easy/fun (or frustrating) your experience was, using your mobile
This experiment will run for 1 month (or more if we do not have enough comments), and we'll share feedback with you all after that.
BMC Communities also goes into physical world
When giving feedback about the Programs on BMC Communities (Betas, R&D and Support Blog posts, BMC Engage, ideation...), you were positive (or very positive) on all of them (all of them scored more than 3.3, on the usual 1-to-5 scoring).
You also shared what we could do to improve value of these Programs. And by far, the biggest feedback was "increase awareness".
A team brainstormed about best way to achieve that:
- We do not want to spam you with Emails (that would not be very Digital ).
- On the other hand, we want such resource to be very special for you all, so decided for something memorable:
- we'll print out a 1-pager, describing the Programs on BMC Communities
- we'll use postal mail to deliver it to you
- Please post a picture, in Off Topic, of this A4 paper (yeah, printed in Europe) pinned above your desk (or bed, or where ever it is for you)
Let's wrap this up.
I suspect that the next weeks/months will be a lot of fun.
Stay tuned for more details about the survey, and more!