Where are we?
We're still collecting results on the BMC Communities Early 2016 Survey
If you have not taken it yet, it's still time (it will be closed in a couple of days)
For now, with 770+ responses already, we received a lot of positive feedback:
- Overall satisfaction is great (a very high majority would recommend BMC Communities to your peers)
- Percentage of daily/weekly users increases (compared to the last surveys)
- Most of you are very comfortable with the technical capabilities (searching content, posting, interacting, finding your product community...)
- Most of you are very satisfied with the Programs running on Communities (Betas, R&D Blogs...), BMC Engage leading the pack
We'll share far more about survey results in the next weeks.
We're learning a lot of things, helping us to shape & validate 2017 roadmap.
You're also giving honest feedback about areas of improvements: (thanks, this transparency helps us all to win-win)
- technical capabilities: mobile usage ranks the lowest
- Programs: ideation, even if it satisfies most of you (it's sure far better than a black box RFE process), sometimes creates concerns.
Good news is that we were prepared to such improvement items, and we included them in our roadmap some time ago already
What will happen in the next 2 weeks?
BMC Communities will enjoy a series of technical + User Experience improvements, that will build on successes, and also directly address some of the gaps, or enable us to address the issues further in the next weeks/months.
Let's unveil a couple of them:
Mobile becomes the norm
First, we're introducing a fully responsive design, that will enable you all to view resources in a fast and seamless manner, and also post content, or interact from your phone, with your mobile browser.
See a teaser of what Michael Hoover validated with us:
Quick access to Inbox, creating posts, searching, and more!
We know it's critical for you to quickly access discussions you've created, or documents you've interacted on.
You also told us that it would be really helpful to have a quick way to find Product Communities you care about, or groups you're part of.
Both of these capabilities will now appear when you click on your profile (see on the above mobile screenshot for example - Your Content and Your Places), making access quicker than ever.
News you may want to know
The volume of content and interactions on BMC Communities is impressive (globally or even in each of the Top 15 Communities).
So trying to be aware of everything is a daunting task (and probably not best use of anybody's time)
- Your Communities Inbox is obviously something you want to monitor closely (people interacting on your content, people talking about you, invites to groups, new followers, etc. -- see Notifications Tips for BMC Communities)
- You probably just "follow" a lot of communities or group, but without being notified (the case when you follow in "Connections Stream", the default way to follow)
What if we used some Digital magic to personalize your experience?
- Resources that are hot and recent
- Resources on topics that you care about (based on communities & groups you follow, or Custom Streams that you created)
We'll be introducing "News" in the next weeks, and will work with you all to tune it to your needs.
To learn (and ask) more about News, feel free right here.
Search ... and find even faster!
You've been giving very positive feedback these past years on the quick search (quickly listing content, but also people and communities or groups).
- What if Search was trying to guess things you're searching for even before you type? (suggesting content, people and places - based on your recent activities)
- What if you didn't have to scroll down to see people or place? (I know it's currently a pain for many of you .. for me too )
All these UX improvements (making the 80% of your searches far quicker) will be embedded in the new Search capability
To learn (and ask) more about Search, go here
Many simplifications & productivity helpers
- Your Communities Inbox is now called .... Inbox. (yep, we preferred clarity over poetry)
- Icons giving more clues on what content (blog, document, but also now PPT, Excel, etc.)
- Profile giving quicker access to see background/expertise of Community member
- And a lot more!
Outage for the maintenance will happen this week-end:
- Starting on Friday 26th at 6pm Pacific time (aka 7:30am IST on Saturday),
- Continuing on Saturday till around 9am PST (11pm IST)
Should you want to follow "live" how things are moving, check out @BMCCommunities on Twitter.
How does it sound to you?