Late January, we proposed a public survey to gather your feedback about your Experience on BMC Communities.
Many of you responded, thanks!
It was up for 1 week.
We're excited to share results today, and early actions in place to better adapt BMC Communities to your needs!
Users who responded on the Survey
We were very happily surprised with how quickly many of you jumped on the survey. In 1 week, we already had 800+ responses.
From a geo point of view, Americas win with 50%, then EMEA, and then APAC.
I can see here a good contest in the next survey, I know many users who would want their countries/region to grow .
Goals when using BMC Communities
"Learning with/from others" is definitely the main goal when using BMC Communities. To be more specific, it includes both proactive and reactive actions, here are Top 3 responses:
- Leveraging Experience from others
- Learning Best Practices
- Finding Answers on specific questions
Item 1 and 2 are definitely proactive (learning things), while item 3 is about getting help on a specific topic
Satisfaction with your Experience
Let's celebrate! 90% of the users on the survey said they "accomplished the reason/purpose".
Thanks to interactions/content coming from many companies/teams/users, the whole Community win!
- I want to thank all of you for this great achievement!
- Within BMC, kudos to Product Management/Marketing, The specified item was not found. and BMC Product Documentation members, who help success in a great way!
Improving even further
When we looked at key gaps IDed by the 10% who were not satisfied, and also to your ideas for the future, the Top 3 requests we received are:
- More Content (even more actionable resources to make you succeed)
- More People/Experts (more people to learn from, more Subject Matter Experts sharing their experience)
- Easier Navigation
Changes on BMC Communities
There are many actions taken by various teams to deliver on your needs.
More content+people+experts are greatly related, and various Programs are shaping up to address these. We'll share more as things evolve (mid-term, aka in the next months).
In the very short-term (aka next weeks), we want to address low-hanging fruits, and easier navigation is key:
- We want to simplify access to each community.
- We'll archive (aka "move and make read-only") communities without enough traffic, so that you all can get more actionable interactions in thriving communities
- We'll move/merge communities as needed so that you don't have to navigate many sub-communities and follow each of them (key Subject Matter Experts will be part of this project)
- We are working on improving findability, with ways to bubble-up top content when you search
To enable more people/experts to interact, we'll also improve mobile apps
Thank you for such feedback, your individual successes help collaborative successes!
If we don't F2F in the meantime, a lot more details will be shared during BMC Engage