Did you know that on Monday 23rd, the Internet will celebrate Community Manager Appreciation Day?
Give some love back! (visual credits)
What is CMAD?
Appreciation? Are you supposed to buy flowers on this day?
You sure can, but there are many other ways to "appreciate" your Community Managers
CMAD is the opportunity for all of us to give back to people who spend time designing and orchestrating successes on various Communities we use.
Who are the Community Managers?
You interact with other Community Members, and you're helped by Experts.
You thank them daily by interacting on their content (discussions, blogs, documents), by voting and commenting on their ideas.
You may or may not know the Community Managers, depending on their style, or if Community Management is their day or night job
Community Managers often work behind the scene, making sure that:
- The appropriate communities are created, staffed, filled with content/resources that help you succeed,
- Bloggers are accepted, trained and supported
- Moderators are picked within Customers/Partners/BMCers making sure content quality achieve the level we want
- And more!
Let's take some examples:
- For BMC Customer Programs, that's Daisy Tam and Loretta Seto
- For Developer Community, May Bakken is the magician behind success
- For Using BMC Communities, credits go to Shadab Ashraf
- For Products communities, there are obviously a lot of people:
- Let's take Discovery / ADDM: QUIZ TIME: who do you think does magic behind the scene? hint: do you know the Product Manager? other people to credit?
- Moving to Control-M now. Did you know that Kelsey Adams focuses on your success?
- Switching to BladeLogic, Cloud Lifecycle Mgmt and Atrium Orchestrator: have you seen Kim Wharton connecting the dots and strategizing?
- Can you guess where Grace Moceri is making an impact?
- And more!
- Ohhh, let's not forget Jesse Richardson, Karen Farrell and David Fiel who are instrumental in designing Support engagement and all partner-focused communities
What can You do?
Go ahead now, give back to the Community Managers who help you to succeed:
If you face to face with them (in the office, at an Event, at a party...),
- Give them a hug
- Treat them for a coffee/tea (obviously, bribes not tolerated )
If you only have the opportunity to interact in a Digital manner,
- Go on their Communities profile, follow them, endorse them for skills, engage on their recent content
- Vote/comment on ideas in the community you care about
- Find a discussion that is not answered yet, help out to move the needle
Other things you'd like to do? Go ahead and do them, then add a comment to let others know great ways to thanks cmgrs.
If you're interested in Community Management (having a key role in fostering success in a community) and would like to know more about the Event, read more on http://communitymanagerappreciationday.com/ and message me or Shadab for 1:1 talks.