Download mp3 (18:14)
“If a workload automation solution is invoking FTP, there is no authoritative way for it to know if that file transfer was completed successfully,” says Joe Goldberg.
However we describe ourselves, whether it is IT or IS (Information Technology or Information Systems) professionals or working in MIS (Management Information Systems), or EDP (electronic Data Processing), “data” and “information” is what we process, manage, store, secure or transfer. Regardless of how you categorize it, moving data securely and correctly is extremely common and hugely important. It will become even more so. Join us as we talk with Joe Goldberg, Lead technical Marketing Consultant with BMC Software, as we discuss automating and securing the movement of data across the enterprise and beyond.
Joe Goldberg is a Lead technical Marketing Consultant with BMC Software. He has worked for more than 15 years with BMC Control-M and came to BMC Software as part of the New Dimension Software acquisition. Since joining BMC, he has held a variety of positions in Control-M Product Management, Product Marketing and field technical sales. Joe has focused on Systems Management solutions during most of his over 30 years in IT.
- Joe, you recently wrote in your ControlM blog post that integrated file transfers are “not only the Next Big Thing...” but that it has been for “quite some time.” What lead you to that conclusion?
- You also mention in the blog that some of the data transfer processes we have today were built in simpler times when security, accuracy, governance and even speed were not as critical as they are today. What does that mean to the business?
- What’s wrong with good ol’ ftp or some of the newer file transfer facilities?
- What would the ideal solution for managing data movement within an automated workload automation environment look like?
- Any other thoughts you’d like to leave with our audience?
- Integrated File Transfer is … the next big thing on the BMC Control-M Blog
- More information about Control-M Workload Automation on BMC.com
iTUNES SUBSCRIBE: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/bmc-podcasts/id335625323
Comments, Questions, Feedback: bmc.com/podcasts