Download mp3 (9:17)
Are you really getting ITIL processes out of the box and ready for use without customization? says Anthony Orr
When you invest in service management software, can you really be assured that you are getting IT Infrastructure Library® (ITIL®) processes out of the box and ready for use without customization? Join us as we talk with Anthony Orr, director of service management for BMC Software to find out more about the “ITIL® Process Compliant” designation for software products.
Anthony Orr is director of service management for BMC Software. He has more than 30 years of experience in managerial, consulting, marketing, and technical positions for IT service management strategies and implementations.
- Often, we invest in service management software, one thing we want to know is if we’re getting ITIL® processes out of the box and ready for use without customization. How can we know that before we make that software purchase?
- So just as a quick review, why is ITIL® so important ? (is it only for large enterprises?)
- What are the standards that apply to ITIL® Process Compliant certification?
- How does ITIL® Process Compliance help us when it comes to making a software investment? Do you have some examples you can share?
- How does this save us time?
- What should we look for when evaluating software solutions for ITIL®?
- Anything else our listeners should look for?
- BMC Industry Insight: Five Benefits of Evaluating Service Management Software For ITIL Compliance (pdf)
- Learn more about ITIL at www.bmc.com/ITIL