Download mp3 (11:01)
"Make a conscious decision to be focused on capacity management as a discipline," says Dave Wagner.
Traversing along the IT maturity curve is similar to traversing the country. Not only does your IT organization need to avoid “wrong turns,” but it also needs to put processes in place to ensure that it does not stray too far from its intended path. Join us as we talk with Dave Wagner, Vice President of Sales and Marketing with Solution Labs, Inc, about how Capacity Management is a 'GPS' to help keep IT on the right path, and how capacity management can help you maintain the availability levels you’ve achieved while turning your energies toward a renewed focus on cost reduction and improved efficiency.
David Wagner is Vice President of Sales and Marketing with Solution Labs, Inc, a strategic partner of BMC Software. Before joining Solution Labs, Dave was Director of Solutions Marketing at BMC software. Dave has more than 27 years of technology experience and background in performance analysis and optimization. His career-long goal has been to make technology as efficient as possible by helping customers optimize their performance and capacity.
- Dave, would you give us a quick refresher on what Solutions Labs is, and your relationship to BMC software?
- Why so much focus on Capacity Management now - what has changed that groups need to 'reset their GPS' as you say and get in the right path?
- How do you know if you're 'on the right path' or not?
- Can you recommend some tips on 'how an IT departments needing to make to get on the right path?
- That all sounds good, but what are some of the pitfalls along the way?
- Last words? If someone was just beginning to embark on this, or starting this up again, what do they need to know?
Viewpoint Article: "Capacity Management, a GPS for Keeping IT on the Right Track" (PDF)